Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Top 3! Let the (Semi) Finals Begin...

Crappy crappy day. I need idol to recover this. Jefferies contingent, when's lunch? =) Somewhere my laptop sits wasting away from someone who snatched it not realizing its worthless to all but me cause its old and slow. Thank you person who snatched it, and please don't do anything like step in front of a truck, etc.

Ok, so there are three..

Melinda - The best singer in the competition. Very polished. On a show (today's) where songs are chosen specifically to make a singer look good, she may have a very good moment, finally her SUMMERTIME. The only bad thing you can say about her is none of the most memorable performances this year IMO are from her. Also skews older on a show that's not such a good thing. Still, I'd call her the favorite, albeit slightly.

Jordin - Great singer, obviously younger and less experiences that Melinda. Has had more big moments, but also many more bad moments. Has more potential for a huge moment IMO than any of the others. I'd call her second.

Blake - The Last remaining guy. Has more style than the other two remaining people. Not even close as strong a singer, but maybe has a larger fanbase, and more different than the other two are different from each other. They are competing with each other more than he is with them.

Let the games begin...

First JORDIN and WISHING ON A STAR. (beyonce style?) Well, that was average. And she was obnoxious toward Simon. Good move. First time i thought she was an obnoxious teenager. What a start...

Next BLAKE and ROXANNE. Ohh nice choice. Notice how Blake gets the effects on his voice. I think he puts more effort in planning out his performances than the other people. Good performance, not that great (i was going to say earth shattering but Simon stole my words).

Now MELINDA and I BELIEVE IN YOU AND ME. Ohh, Whitney, She's gonna rip this to shreds. Loved it. Great. A step below earth shattering (like Lakisha on Bon Jovi week) but really good. Beat the other two. Simon loves it too. Just noticed, Melinda got the post position. Always a good thing.

ROUND 1 - MELINDA

JORDIN and SHE WORKS HARD FOR THE MONEY. Good, much better than the first one. Not fantastic again but a good second effort. Simon is giggling over what Paula said which i missed. What did she say?

BLAKE and THIS LOVE. Great choice, Blake MUST beatbox on every song..seriously one performance without it wouldn't kill him. Very curious what judges say. They like it a lot. Go Blake!

MELINDA and NOT BUSH CITY LIMITS (did i massacre that?) Don't like it....very old sounding. Sounds like something in my parent's car. Technically good but dull to be honest. (Note, no love for Melinda's mom. Where was the applause when she said her mom is her idol? That's cool!) I think Randy is too loose with the praise today, if everyone is good no one is good. (See Paula). Judges loved it though so what do I know.

ROUND 2 - BLAKE (Simon says tie)

JORDIN and a song she sang before which she proceeds to not sing as well as she did last time. What was that? Jeez....

BLAKE and a song i missed the name of. Very cool. Sampled which is strange on idol. Very good block of worth by Blake tonight.

MELINDA and a song she sang before but she proceeds to sing just as well as better than, Seriously, is it that hard to sing a different song? I always feel like Melinda does just enough to skate by - she could BLOW these people away. I hope she does good in the final, cause she will be there!

My predicition, Melinda (well well deserved) and someone else...haha...

and goodnight...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three phone numbers? Oh, I guess you can vote on each performance?

I got started with Blake's first performance. "Roxanne" was PERFECT for him and loved his performance. "This Love" (one of my faves) and another great choice. Not surprised that was chosen for him. Gee, how fortunate that all songs had room to squeeze in some beat boxin', eh Blake? Although I know someone else who can rock "This Love" even betta! lol. For the most part, he's done a great job throughout choosing/singing songs that work in his favor and he's got great stage presence.

Melinda was the strongest again, just in her ability to belt out all those songs. I was a little worried about the Whitney song and those high notes, but the judges didn't mind. I did, a little actually. Sorry, Melinda. ;-) Not too crazy about the songs, but she "blows it outta da box" technically.

Jordin was strong, but nothing that wowed me. Liked all of her clothes tonight though. I think she's sayonara tomorrow. She's 17 with that powerhouse voice -- plenty of opps for her so no need to worry or rush!

The show seemed to be a little rushed, but I liked it. No dumb fillers or stalling. BAM!

- SN

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the laptop!
[Yeah, take that old/slow laptop, you moron, and see how far you get. HA!]

Oh, I wonder which song will win the songwriter's contest AND who will sing it (ahem, Melinda!). My friend entered it and didn't make top 20 so I'm irked. That winning song betta be DAMN good!