Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Top 4 - Bee Gees /

We are down to four! I really feel like everyone is vulnerable, although Melissa going out would be a bit of a shock. Tonight the theme is songs written by the Bee Gees (not neccesarily sung by them). Idol really needs to release more info, i'm not sure if both songs are Bee Gees or if there are even two songs each. They have done both in the final four (Two from theme, and one from theme one from other.) Barry Gibb is confirmed to be mentoring the finalists.

Lakisha is the wildcard I think, Blake and Melinda shocked no one, and as far as are pool goes Jordin is a surprise, but not a surprise to anyone who has seen her recently.

Great fun. Hopefully I can blog live tonight.

(No email from me today as I missed work as I was a bit under in case anyone is wondering.)

3 comments:

planetmaria said...

Wow, pretty disappointing show so far though they're singing some pretty decent songs.

Jordin definitely won round 1. Melinda redeemed herself in round 2. What's with Lakisha? BG told her to sing "Stayin' Alive" in a higher key and she ignored his advice, as she has with almost every coach.

My man Blake really let me down in round 1; I don't think his second song was much better. There's a REASON that wasn't a hit for the Bee Gees.

Lakisha on song 2 - meh. It's OK.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it was the pressure getting to them, or just a difficult them because last night just wasn’t very good. First of all, the Bee Gees, a group from the 70’s who well known songs are sang mostly in falsetto may not be the easiest thing for four people, none of whom sing in falsetto, and three of which are women. Add into that some poor song choices (Blake picking the most obscure Bee Gees song of all time WTH….), Lakisha returning to being screaming Lakisha, and Melinda underwhelming (I know she sings well, I also know neither performance was a knockout blow). I thought the best was Jordin, and she wasn’t great. I’d think she’s more than safe though. I think some of the criticism was over the top though, especially telling Jordin she was very old fashioned while she was singing a Barbara Streisand song, written by Andy Gibb, that was recorded like 30 years ago. Is there a way to make that modern?



Once the first three of four performances are blah it’s difficult, Simon really gets on a roll being unhappy and you need to overwhelm him to get him back, and no one did.


Did anyone realize the songwriter contest was on? Does everyone realize it’s over? I feel like yesterday was the first time I knew to vote, and I looked at it this morning, and it’s done! Very well run contest.

http://songwriter.americanidol.com/

juan

Anonymous said...

Good point on Lakisha, she does ignore the advice she is given. im not sure she is full of herself or just overwhelmed.