Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Top two is...WHOA!

And our top two is

JORDIN

and

BLAKE!

WHOA!!!! You know, I always wondered how popular Melinda was. Answer: Less popular than Jordin and Blake. Think about it for a second - we all liked Melinda but most of us were not "Doolitte-heads " or some strange nickname (no claymates, no soul patrol). She just very efficiently went out and did her thing week after week, better than most (not always best, but always second or third.) If she was a team, she'd be the Spurs. Quietly efficient if not over exciting. Still, if my vote was the only vote, she'd be in my final two.

The young vote must be HUGE this year, not only is Jordin in the final, but Blake too! It's really a tossup - i know people say Jordin is the chosen one, but I think that is overexaggerating her support by the judges to a huge degree.

I'll analyze the final two later. Sorry for no emails this week, but this week has SUCKED to say the least.

SO let's wish a fond goodbye to Melinda, who entered this show a shy backup singer, and probably left it a star. She was likable, gave a good performance week after week (My Funny Valentine was just AWESOME) and left a mark in a good way. First person I'm sorry to see eliminated this whole season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrr... TOTALLY OUTRAGED! Shocked when Jordin was announced safe and then floored when Ryan said farewell to Melinda. Shrieked out loud in fact. I think everyone else was shocked as well, including Melinda! Yeah, it must be the young vote and that more youngens have cell phones who text message. Eh, they don't know better.

Melinda's future certainly looks bright and the serious producers will notice her. As for Blake and Jordin -- it's all commercial appeal with the younger crowd.

Hmmm, based on the final two, I say Blake wins. Again, his commercial appeal with pop star looks and stage presence. I did enjoy his performances. Jordin has plenty of time to get discovered and all dat.

Yes, VERY sorry to see Melinda leave.

Oooooh, and Adam Levine was hot! The song sounds a bit NSYNC-ish, but definitely a fun, dance beat.
- SN

planetmaria said...

I was prepared for a Melinda/Blake or a Melinda/Jordin final - but not for this.

I'm also hoping Blake will win - I don't think he has the best voice I've ever heard but I love his vibe.

Jordin's place in the final is due to two things IMO: the votes of the whole "Disney-High School Musical" contingent, which includes every tween and pre-teen on the planet.

The other is (sorry, Juan) the pimping by the judges, especially Randy. If I heard "you're so awesome for only being SEVENTEEN!!" one more time, I was gonna barf. The girl's good, but she's not the second coming of Streisand.

I think Jordin may actually suffer a voting backlash next week from people who think she has taken the spot Melinda deserved. Somehow I don't see that level of animosity directed at Blake.

So from my corner, I say GO BLAKE!!!