Tuesday, April 03, 2007

04/03 Top Nine - On Now

As i sign on Sanjaya has started singing and my baby has started crying. Coincidence? To be honest its not that bad. His voice is just not that strong, it's just a limitation he has. But he's not awful today so I'll leave it at that. (Note: They need to stop introducing him as if he is some separate part to the show. It's not fair to the other people.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVUtA-As8Ng SANJAYA MUST GO VIDEO. Funny...

The first half of the show was really good. I thought Blake was his usual good self, if not spectacular. Chris was really good and seems to have settled in the last few weeks. I feel bad for Phil Stacey. There is just something about him that's a bit off putting. He's not dull, he's almost dark when he sings. It's hard to explain.

Gina did a nice job again although it's about 10 minutes after her performance and I can't remember it to well. Haley is, well as Simon so elequently put it (and Paula less elequently), hasley has great legs. There is nothing special there really. Jordin also really shined. I hope she is around a long time.

As far as Melinda vs. Lakisha goes, I'd have to give this round big to Lakisha although both were great. Melinda is always spot on with her vocals to the point the judges critique is very anticlimatic. Lakisha showed more personality today though, I thought her performance was easily the best of the night. I definitely need that song tomorrow when they release it.

Should be an interesting elimination tommorrow. I'd hate to be Phil....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blake stood out the most and was the best for me - song choice suited him perfectly! Melinda and Lakisha had soul, sass. Really liked Jordin too.

Tony Bennett, take back your comments on Phil and Sanjaya! Phil did sound pretty decent though and held those notes, but it was just eh.

"Welcome to the universe of Sanjaya!" as he himself put it; what a nut. Considering the caliber of singers left, it's an insult to keep Sanjaya. Music style did suit him, and tried to woo that little girl (whew, she didn't cry!), but damnit, IT'S A SINGING COMPETITION, not a hair fashion show!

I'm thinking Phil or Gina could go. Haley saved herself with that dress. Sanjaya saved himself with that pimpin suit. LOL!
- sn

planetmaria said...

I tried to post the other day and my computer ate my entry - so I'll try again.

My comments on Tony Bennett week:

Blake: sees fit not to listen to a 50-year veteran. He's got an even bigger ego than I thought.

Gina: sang "Smile" with a lovely simplicity, considering it is NOT her style I thought she did extremely well and did not deserve to go :-(

Phil: Paula and I must be the only ones in the universe who LIKED Phil singing "Night and Day." It was smooth and soulful, and he got my vote when he said he was singing to his wife :-)

Jordin is the perfect example of what I was talking about when I said that standards require breath control far beyond the ability of the average young singer today. It drove me nuts to hear her - "you can see for (breath) ever (breath) and ever (breath) and ever - more (breath)." Aaarrgh! I love the kid but she needs to take a few lessons!

One of our co-workers made the PERFECT comment about Haley - "all she's missing is the pole." She's on the wrong reality show, maybe she should be on "the Search for the Next Pussycat Doll." Meow!

Sanjaya - what to say!!??