Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Top 6 Live Thread

My daughter willing (if she's not grouchy!) I'll be posting my thoughts as they go. Please post too! See you at 8....

Couldnt post before, baby was eating! Saw it all though...

Liked Chris a lot today. Very surprising. I think if he comes along more, Blake will be hurt. They very literally share fans (CAKE).

Blake was good too if less so. Very understated but nice.

Melinda is just too good. There is something lacking in her personality wise that is keeping her from being an overwhelming favorite, and just a favorite. As good as she is, i dont wait for her to sing each week that much. Still, easily the best singer.

Phil put in another good performance. All of a sudden, Phil has joined the fray! If he's not bottom two, he may be in better shape than the other guys

Note: Where is Bono?

Lakisha again had a so so performance of a former idols song. Im not sure why you'd choose Fantasia's song, She is a judge favorite so unless you nail it, they will call you on it. O agree with the above poster, she may go out this week.

I really liked Jordin. I think she is the best young contestant in the history of the show. Shes like Diana with a better voice and personality. I think she has a legitimate chance at the final. The only thing bad about the performance was Randy overkilling on the praise. Best performance ever it was not.

All in all an interesting show. Prepared for 2 hours of fluff to get to the real point of tommorrow, the eliminatioN! (and feeding children in africa, its nice to see the idol machine at work on something like that)

Id say Blake, Lakisha, Phil and Chris all have a decent bottom three chance. I fear for Lakisha - if her fanbase is not good, shes out....
JUAN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caught the ending of Chris. He had a big finish and seems like it was a good performance, but he hasn't wowed me yet, except his "Geek in the pink"(but I do have him in top 3!).

Loved Melinda, period. New hairdo works very well for her. Liked Blake; agree with Paula's comment that it's meant to be sung simple, which he did with his clean voice.

I'm afraid Lakisha may be next to go...when I heard her say she was singing a fellow Idol's song, I thought, uh oh, trouble only because like Paula said, she hears Fantasia singing it. Phil is growing on me (and he should grow his hair) and that's why I say Lakisha could go next.

Jordin was great, but I don't completely agree with Randy in that it was the best vocals he's heard in history of AI. Her ending was a little shaky and one other part towards the end. Liked her dress though. hee hee.
- SN