Monday, April 16, 2007

Why Akon?

I was watching last week's results show, and noticed (which i had forwarded throught) ANOTHER Akon performance. Do the people in charge of idol listen to Akon's music? (Note: I'm not sensitive and it doesn't bother me. But I'm not the 12 year old girls watching with their parent's idol targets to sell things to.) A polygamist, who is know for doing songs with gangster rappers, who about 95% of his album (even a clean version) probably couldn't be performed on idol. I'd love to see a parent who se kid likes Sanajaya ask for an Akon song and be able to download his smashes "Smack That" or "I Want to **** You" featuring Eminem and Snoop Doog respectively. Great fun!

Just wondering...he seems way too PG for Idol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess Akon had plenty of free time, to be on the show TWICE! LOL. Interesting comment about Akon...I heard not long ago on Fox 5 News that the "rocker" types like Gina, Chris Daughtry would never win AI cuz it's a "family" show and a "rocker" conjures up negative images. Meanwhile, AI asks this so called polygamist/pottymouth (although I do like the beat and melody of Smack that!) to perform TWICE on this "family" show and give him more exposure. Is AI having an identity crisis, losing their focus?
- sn